Classes During COVID-19 Restrictions
During COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently running special judo focused fitness classes that adhere to government regulations. Please note the following class conditions currently apply:
- Social distancing of 1.5m to be observed at all times. This means classes are fitness/conditioning and technique only.
- Groups are limited to 20 people.
- Please ensure you bring your own water bottle and a personal sweat towel.
- Judo suits are not required. Please attend in a tracksuit/training gear (preferably long pants) and training shoes (no barefeet please).
- Use of the change room and kitchen facilities is restricted.
- Classes are 1 hour only with a 15 minute break between groups to allow time for people to arrive/leave without cross-over to assist with social distancing. Please leave as promptly as possible after class.
- We request that parents/carers and partners wait outside to assist with social distancing.
- Please see the amended schedule for class times.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation during this time.
Regular classes (below) will resume when all COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Adult judo classes are open to cadets (+15yrs) and above.
There is no upper limit on age. We welcome men and women of all ages and levels.
We are proud to have a broad cross section of players who train together regularly and support each other’s development.
There is a strong emphasis on mutually beneficial training and care for training partners.
Crash mats are used regularly for low impact throwing practice.
Judo International is a registered club of Judo Australia and we follow their standardised national grading syllabus.
Students work through a series of ranked grades which are symbolised by coloured belts:
YELLOW, ORANGE, GREEN, BLUE, BROWN & BLACK
Gradings are conducted several times throughout the year.
All grades up to and including brown belt are assessed by club instructors. Dan gradings (black belt ranks) are conducted by a state grading panel.
There are a range of competition options available for athletes who wish to engage in competitive judo outside the club environment.
A number of local competitions are held in the Perth area through out the year which provide a low-key introduction for students.
State and National Championships are held annually.
Judo Australia provides pathways for elite level athletes to represent Australia at international competition from cadet level (+15yrs).
At the state, national and international level athletes are able to compete in veterans divisions from 30 years of age.